Student Transportation Fund
The Valley Forge Park Alliance has established a fund to provide free transportation for qualifying school groups to visit the Valley Forge National Historical Park (Valley Forge). The goal is to make it easier for teachers and students to access the exhibits and many educational resources offered by Valley Forge. Funds to reimburse the costs of transportation are currently available, on a first-come, first-served basis, to schools in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey regions (schools should be within a 45 mile radius of VFNHP).
Funds are limited. To apply for funds, please verify that you meet the eligibility criteria outlined below and email or fax the following form along with your Field Trip Request Form to the Education Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a printable copy of requirements noted below and the Transportation Fund Request Form.
- The school receiving the funds must be a K-12 school located in the Southeast Pennsylvania Region. NOTE: New Jersey and Delaware Regions have rights to apply if located within a 45 mile radius of Valley Forge.
- The school receiving the funds must be a Title I School, or show need of assistance for the year in which the field trip is completed. If your school does not receive Title I funding, please submit reasons for requesting these funds. Submit your request and reasons via email.
- The requesting teacher and school principal must sign the request form.
- Please contact your transportation service center and provide an actual dollar amount on the attached form.
Please note the following additional guidelines placed upon the funds:
- To maximize the benefit to students, we expect each bus you bring will be full.
- Funds will be used to reimburse expenses only; no advances will be given.
- Funds may only be used to cover the cost of transportation; substitute teacher fees and bus driver lunches will not be covered.
- Funds may not be used to rent charter buses.
- Reimbursement of funds will not exceed the estimated expense provided by the school.
Process for Reimbursement:
Funds will not be reimbursed unless the following items are submitted within one month of the date of the fieldtrip. All forms listed below are included in the fund confirmation packet.
- Itemized, paid receipt including the school’s name; bus fees are not to exceed the estimated amount.
- Completed Evaluation and Request for Reimbursement Form.
Transportation Grant Funding Sources:
National Park Foundation Ticket to Ride
National Park Foundation Every Kid in a Park
The Huston Foundation
Pennsylvania Colonial Daughters of the 17th Century