A Day in the Life of the Continental Soldier
Bring the American Revolution to your classroom through hands-on activities that allow students to experience a day in the life of a Continental Soldier. Volunteer presenters dressed in period clothing engage students and educators in a variety of topics ranging from food rations to officer training. This interactive learning program is primarily designed for 4th through 6th graders though other grades may be accommodated by arrangement.
- Dress up in Colonial Clothes
- Participate in Marching and Drilling Exercises
- Experience 18th Century Home Chores
- Learn about Military Medicine
- Enjoy Songs and Toys of the Time
- Complete Officer Training
A Day in the Life of the Continental Soldier is a free program presented by the Valley Forge Park Alliance though donations are welcome to offset costs.
Reservations are required. For more information, email us or call 610-783-1777.