Hold the Date: Heritage Night 2017 will occur on Friday, June 16 from 6 to 8 pm. Check back later for additional details.
Over 120 people gathered for Heritage Night on Friday, June 17, 2016, honoring the annual pilgrimage of the Society of the Descendants of Washington’s Army at Valley Forge to the Park. Highlights of the evening included General Washington, as interpreted by Dean Malissa and the presentation of the General Steuben Award to PECO for their longstanding commitment to Valley Forge National Historical Park.
The evening of fellowship among friends and supporters also announced the new name of Valley Forge Park Alliance. “Tonight we gather as the new stewards of the legacy of Valley Forge and call upon the lessons we have learned since our founding – that supporting our Park and protecting its hallowed grounds, now and in the future, requires a broad and strong alignment of friends, supporters and many more who share a passion for Valley Forge National Historical Park,” said Don Namoli, President of the Alliance.
“As a friend of Valley Forge Park and now a friend of the Valley Forge Park Alliance, YOU are the reason for our success. Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do to support and preserve Valley Forge National Historical Park,” said Missy Farkouh, Executive Director.
PECO Receives General Steuben Award
The 2016 Steuben Award was presented to PECO for its commitment to Valley Forge National Historical Park, its many visitors, and the vitality of our community. Steve Singh received the award on behalf of PECO and commented on PECO’s long-standing partnership with Valley Forge National Historic Park and the Friends of Valley Forge Park.
“We believe in the positive impact they are making, not only on the community, but also on visitors of all ages from all over the world who come to visit each year to experience American history and enjoy the beauty of this park,” said Mr. Singh during the award presentation on Heritage Night.
Thank you PECO for all your support!
- Countless hours from PECO employee volunteers to assist the park with stream water clean-up, trail maintenance, hut restoration and more.
- PECO Podcast Through History – funding for a 10 episode series which highlights the history of Valley Forge and the important strides that were made here by the Continental Army during the winter of 1777–1778.
- Financial contributions to underwrite expense to preserve 18th century historical documents.
- Sponsorship support for the Valley Forge Revolutionary 5-mile Run™ and the July 4th Community Picnic in the Park helping thousands of visitors and local residents to celebrate our nation’s independence.
- Funding to place 2,000 wreaths at the National Memorial Arch as a part of Wreaths Across America which memorializes America’s fallen soldiers and commemorates the men and women who have served in the US Armed Forces, beginning with the American Revolution.